Monday, October 6, 2014

WHAT WE USED TO HAVE


Hey there my friend!
Still remember me?

By the way, we were strangers until we bumped off on each other's life. We don't know each other until one day you said "Hi" and finally introduced each other.  We were not totally related to each other until one day we became friends. 



When we became friends, I can still remember the first conversation we had together. I can still remember those "getting to know each other". I can also remember the time that you can't pronounce my name well so you just looked to my ID.
We even tried to reminisce every detail of our previous life. We also shared stories from the past. Oops! I forgot, the first time we met, we really secured that we have each other's cellphone number. We even looked and added our facebook account. Our conversation didn't end there. Since we already have each other's cellphone number, we were already exchanging text messages and calls. We even had late night calls just to talk some silly things.



One day, we discovered all our similarities and differences; all our likes and dislikes. I can still remember that we were already sharing secrets especially those darkest secrets. We even laughed out loud to those funny stories. We even put code names to those bitches we met. We were even eating lots of foods and getting fat together. We were starting to talk about other people together.

We were even making fun of each other. Bullying each other was already a part of our routine. We were also taking lots of pictures together! You even met my parents already. You even already have the number of my mom. 
My home was already your second home. I can still remember those times that I no longer invite you whenever we have party at home because it was already automatic that you really have to come. I can still remember those promises we made. You said that this friendship will never end; that no matter what happens we will always stand strong together.


I can still remember those days when one of us had problems. We even cried on each other's shoulder. I can still remember one time when someone was bullying me, you were there to fight for me. Whenever I was left unspoken, you were there to speak.
I can still remember those times that I feel like giving up, you were there to be my strength. I can still remember those times that you see nothing but sadness in my eyes, you were there to cheer me up. 
You never failed to make me smile. I can still remember those times that even though I had been sharing my problems all over again, you never get tired to listen. Even though there was a time that I no longer talk, but you were still there. 










As time goes by, things gradually changing until one day I realized our friendship was fading away. I can no longer feel you. It seems like those bonds we had were all thrown away in just a snap.
I don't remember any bad things I did on you. I have been good to you. You know that! I have given you everything I can. I have been present whenever you need me though one day I realized that you already taking me for granted. I know that we never planned to be friends, but it just happened. I know people change but, is changing always comes along with forgetting?
I don't think so but I guess you made me realized that thing. We are now passing by each other without leaving a "Hi" or "Hello"; as if we no longer know each other, even our name. 

Where is now the friend I used to know; the friend I used to be with?; the friend I used to have.... One day, I woke up, you're already gone. I already got tired of fighting for something that was already gone.


Now I can say, with no bitterness or hatred, thank you!
We are now strangers with memories. 





Sincerely,

SLENUJ

No comments:

Post a Comment